Healthy Quick Recipes
Quick healthy recipes that are easy to prepare and taste super delicious.
Healthy Spinach salad with pear and walnut
Spinach is rich in folic acid, beta carotene, and vitamin C and , along with the pear, provides a significant amount of fibers. The yogurt dressing provides a calcium boost, and garlic and walnuts are both good for your heart.
170g low-fat natural yogurt
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
450g spinach rinsed, trimmed and torn into bite size pieces
1 ripe pear cored and thinly sliced
30g coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Whirl the yogurt, garlic, oil and mustard into a food processor or blender, for 30-60sec or until smooth
2. Combine the spinach,pear and walnuts in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until its well coated.
Healthy Crust less broccoli quiche
This dish is ideal For a light lunch or supper or you can cut it in smaller squares to serve as an appetizer. You can also substitute chopped , cook make or other greens for the brocoli.
225 g of soy cheese
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
280g of cooled brocoli chopped
150g Emmental cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180°c (350f, gas mark 4). Lightly coat a 9 inch square oven proof dish with non stick cooking spray. Mix together the mustard, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Scatter the brocoli and cheese over the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake for 40-50mins or until a knife inserted in the centre of the Quiche come out clean. Let the Quiche stand for 10 min, so that it came cool slightly. Then slice and serve with a crisp colourful salad.
Moroccan style pumpkin and butter beans
Middle eastern spices flavour this low-fat vegetarian casserole, which is full of vegetables and other fibre rich ingredients.
600ml ( 1pnt )boiling water
1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of ground cumin
200g leeks, halved lengthways and sliced
225g parsnips, cut into 1cm cubes
600g piece of pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1cm cubes
400g yellow or green courgettes, sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
100g ready to eat dried apricot,
1 cam butter beans, drained
Pinch of crushed dried Chillies, or to taste (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. Pour the boiling water into a flameproof casserole. Stir in the stock cubes, the turmeric, ground coriander and cumin. Add the leeks and parsnips and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover pan and simmer vegetable for 5 mins
2. Add the pumpkin l, courgettes and red pepper to the pan, then bring the stock back to boil. Stir other apricots, butter beans and chilli flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the yes,cover the pan and simmer for 10 min or until vegetables are soft.
3. Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until just beginning to brown. Tip the pine nuts onto a board and chopped them coarsely.
4. Taste the casserole and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then ladle it into deep bowls. Sprinkle with the chopped pine nuts and parsley or fresh coriander. It is delicious serves with couscous.
MY absolutely favorite cookbook I recommend is 100 Vegan Recipes . It’s the best cook book I’ve bought so far. Very Insightful, with great recipes.